Youth Lacrosse Minutes
December 10, 2008
- Wizards practice facility is out, Brookside soccer has Sundays, Wizards youth team ahs Saturdays.
- Leawood, we have moved them to the bottom of our list. They are waiting to hear from their maintenance people to see if we can return. Cost most likely will increase.
- Blackbob Fields, we should know in January.
- Western Mo Soccer, not looking good, Ken Bean will work on.
- Blue Valley, Greg Goss has put a request in.
- Also looking into Center Middle School, Waterwell, Pleasant Valley, and Frontier Middle School.
- Jason is contacting SM Parks and Rec to just ask about Indian Woods.
- St. Paul’s is available on Sundays, however our first preference is to have two fields together.
- A place to store the goals is a must when looking for a field.
Youth league start date is March 29 for games. Last games to be played, May 17th.
The first rain out will be replayed; any additional rainouts will be up to the coaches.
However, the schedule will remain set….. it will not be adjusted for rainouts.
All team sign ups will need to be completed by Feb. 18th.
Schedules will be posted by March 4th.
Championship tournament will be May 17th, single elimination tournament. Seeded according to your record.
Olathe will have a new youth 7/8th grade team. Doug Fisher will hopefully coach. If not, we assist in finding a coach.
Tim Hannon is “working” on several young men to assist in our coaching needs.
We also talked about all youth coaches should have a background check done. This would be an additional cost but well worth it.
GPLA will be having a Coaching Clinic January 31st. Joe Vasta will participate and is bringing in…..
Next meeting January 20, 2009!